Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Wonderful moist flavor that just lingers on your tongue. This is by far one of the best zucchini bread recipes I ever tried. I used a clay baker to make these loaves, but regular loaf pans work well. They freeze well too. You could use egg substitute to lower the fat ever more.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (You can use low fat or fat free.)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 5x9 inch loaf pans or 7 3x5 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Add the sugar and the vanilla extract. Then add the eggs one at a time. Beat until smooth, 2-3 minutes.
- Mix the flour and the next six ingredients in another bowl. On low speed add slowly to the cream cheese mixture.
- Toast the chopped walnuts over low heat, cool before adding to dough.
- Fold in the zucchini and the walnuts.
- Pour evenly into prepared pans. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick come out clean.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes. turn out on wire rack and allow to cool completely.
Tasty bread, very moist. I just tried this because I was intriuged by the cream cheese. However, the cream cheese flavor is a bit overpowering. If I make this again, I will definitely reduce the amount of cream cheese by half.