Recipe by gardenlady
Wonderful moist flavor that just lingers on your tongue. This is by far one of the best zucchini bread recipes I ever tried. I used a clay baker to make these loaves, but regular loaf pans work well. They freeze well too. You could use egg substitute to lower the fat ever more.
Top Review by orchestrachic
Tasty bread, very moist. I just tried this because I was intriuged by the cream cheese. However, the cream cheese flavor is a bit overpowering. If I make this again, I will definitely reduce the amount of cream cheese by half.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened (You can use low fat or fat free.)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 5x9 inch loaf pans or 7 3x5 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Add the sugar and the vanilla extract. Then add the eggs one at a time. Beat until smooth, 2-3 minutes.
- Mix the flour and the next six ingredients in another bowl. On low speed add slowly to the cream cheese mixture.
- Toast the chopped walnuts over low heat, cool before adding to dough.
- Fold in the zucchini and the walnuts.
- Pour evenly into prepared pans. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick come out clean.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes. turn out on wire rack and allow to cool completely.