Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is my modified version of a recipe from my Rival's Crockpot Cooking cookbook. It is quick and easy to slap together and tastes very much like Spanish Rice with chicken rather than burger. It was a major hit with everyone in my family recently. I hope you enjoy it too!
- 3 lbs fryer, cut into serving pieces or 6 chicken parts
- 1 small green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 quart home-canned tomatoes (or 1 large can purchased from the grocery)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raw long-grain rice
- grated parmesan cheese
- Rinse chicken pieces, pat dry, then brown and place in crockpot.
- Combine remaining ingredients except the Parmesan cheese.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on Low setting for 5 to 8 hours.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
What an easy way to cook a risotto. Just delicious. Easy to prepare and all the ingredients were prepare the night before and just thrown n the crockpot before we left home. This isn't exaclty like the labour intense stove top risotto but it sure is very good. We have a salad with this and bread. I just love recipes like this that save time and money when you have been out all day or at work and are dog tired when you get home. BTW, the smell in the house was so YUM when we arrived home. A beauty Cindy. :-) Thank you.
This is an easy and delicious dish. I was away all day today and the crockpot did the cooking. I adjusted the seasonings a bit and we all enjoyed a wonderful meal. Thanks for posting this.