Recipe by Domestic Goddess
A really delicious tasting lasagna that was prepared in a slow-cooker rather than baked in the oven. (I cooked this lasagna in a West Bend 6-quart rectangular slow-cooker, that comes with a heating plate.) Also, you can use both regular uncooked lasagna noodles, or no-boil lasagna noodles.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mrs. dash salt-free table blend seasoning
- ground black pepper, sprinkle on desired amount
- 1 (26 1/2 ounce) canhunts traditional style spaghetti sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (12 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup Kraft® Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (reserving 1/2 cup)
- 9 lasagna noodles (uncooked)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 12-inch skillet, cook the ground beef, onion, and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain off fat.
- Add the salt, the Mrs. Dash Table Blend Seasoning, black pepper, the spaghetti sauce and the tomato paste to the skillet. Cook until heated through.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix together the cottage cheese, sour cream, parmesan cheese, and the 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese. (Cheese mixture will be thick).
- Grease the inside of a 6-quart rectangular slow-cooker.
- Spoon 1/4 of the meat sauce in the bottom of slow-cooker.
- Arrange 3 (uncooked) lasagna noodles, over the meat sauce (over lapping the noodles just a bit).
- Spoon 1/3 of the cheese mixture, over the uncooked lasagna noodles.
- Repeat layers twice, with the meat sauce, the noodles, and the cheese mixture.
- Top with the remaining meat sauce.
- Sprinkle the reserved 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
- Cover, and cook on low setting (NO. 3) for 4 hours.