Recipe by Domestic Goddess
This Lasagna is made with 3 cheeses, Kraft Cheese Slices, shredded mozzarella, and Kraft Grated Parmesan Cheese, plus tomato paste, tomato sauce, tomato soup, spices, and dried herbs. This lasagna has lots of flavor, and it gets rave reviews. I often get requests for this recipe.
Top Review by rmielke1959
This is a non traditional lasagna recipe that will really get you going for seconds. I made one similar way back in 1980. I gave the newspaper cut out recipe away and it became history. Ive been looking for it since. For something outside the box of your regular lasagna i would highly recommend this.
- 12 lasagna noodles (uncooked)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 lbs ground beef
- salt & pepper (seasoned according to taste)
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 4 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 18 slices kraft American cheese, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons Kraft® Grated Parmesan Cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook lasagna noodles (with vegetable oil), according to pkg. directions.
- Brown the ground beef and onions (seasoned with the salt and pepper). Drain off any excess fat.
- Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, tomato soup, sugar, parsley, basil, oregano, garlic salt, and 1/2 teaspoons salt. Stir, and cook until heated through.
- Spray the inside of a 13x9x2-inch baking pan, with a non-stick vegetable cooking spray.
- Lay 4 of the cooked lasagna noodles, inside the pan (overlapping each noodle just a bit).
- Add 1/3 of the meat sauce over the noodles.
- Sprinkle on 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with 9 slices of the Kraft Cheese.
- Repeat layering with the noodles, meat sauce and both cheeses.
- On top of the last layer, top the meat sauce with grated parmesan cheese. (You may add more grated parmesan cheese on top. Desired amount is up to you.).
- Cover baking pan with a lid, or aluminum foil.
- Bake 45 - 50 minutes, in a 350 degree oven.
- Let the lasagna sit on top of stove for 10-15 minutes, before removing lid or foil, and slicing the lasagna.