Recipe by CindiJ
One morning I decided to get rid of all the little bits of this and that, thus I came up with these awesome eggs. Feel free to adjust seasonings and ingredients to your own personal tastes. DH who doesn't eat cooked spinach, loved this!
Top Review by Crafty Lady 13
One of my favorite omelets contains ham, swiss and spinach, so I knew I was going to like this recipe. I omitted the mushrooms because I don't like them and substituted shredded swiss cheese for the cheddar/american. I left everything else as written. The end result was a delicious and easy breakfast treat. I think a handful of diced ham would make a great addition to this recipe. I will be making this often in the future. Made for Jan. 2011 Bargain Basement Tag Game.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 -5 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 3⁄4 cup fresh spinach
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar and american blend cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In non-stick skillet saute mushrooms in olive oil approximately 3-4 minutes. Add shallots and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes. Add spinach and cook for another 1 minute (or until just wilted). Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In separate bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Add to skillet, gently stirring to allow eggs to cook without browning. When eggs are about half cooked (still slightly wet) add the mushrooms, shallots and spinach mixture back into the skillet. Sprinkle with cheese. Continue cooking until eggs are done to your liking and cheese is melted.