Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you have been lucky enough to get a coveted reservation at Walt Disney World's restaurant Cinderella's Royal Table, you know how yummy these potatoes are!
- 4 cups potatoes, diced and cooked
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup bacon bits, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dice and cook the potatoes. Dice onions.
- In a large skillet, melt butter; add diced onion and saute.
- Add bacon and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add flour and stir to make a paste; cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 3 cups milk. Stir until lumps are gone.
- Cook mixture 10 minutes and continue stirring.
- Add potatoes, cheese, garlic salt, white pepper and salt.
- Mix until cheese is melted.
- Put mixture into a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes or until hot and top is lightly browned.
Perfect Recipe!!!! My whole family LOVED this!!! Even better my kids loved it and even got seconds! Thanks sooo much for sharing I will be making this a lot in the future!
I made this for a potluck breakfast and it went over very well! Thanks to the suggestions, I used real bacon and cayenne. I used a 9x12 casserole dish and it worked perfectly. Thank you for sharing!!
This is good but a little bland for me. I added red peppers to my portion to test it out, and I think if I make these again I'll layer them with sauteed peppers and mushrooms. I also agree with the reviewer that suggested a touch of cayenne and black pepper in the sauce. Ham would also be good with these. I liked that this is made with bacon bits so I could keep it vegetarian and not worry about screwing up the recipe. Thanks!