1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This is a great pie from Richard Simmons' book "Sweetie Pie." Very healthy and much lower fat than the usual, and with a spicier flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread, spread chilled and cut up
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1Place rack in lowest oven position.
- 2Preheat to 425.
- 3To make the crust, stir together flours, sugar and salt in a medium bowl.
- 4With a pastry blender, knives, or fingertips, cut in vegetable oil spread until the mixture looks like coarse meal.
- 5Sprinkle with the cold water, toss to moisten, and gather into a ball.
- 6On floured wax paper, roll out dough to a 12 inch circle (thin).
- 7Invert paper onto a 9-inch pie plate.
- 8Peel off waxed paper, and fitn dough into bottom and up sides of pan. Crimp the edges to form a 1/4 inch border.
- 9Prick bottom of crust with fork in several places.
- 10Bake on low rack for 12-15 minutes until JUST pale golden in color.
- 11Remove to cooling rack.
- 12ADJUST OVEN to 350.
- 14In a large bowl, whisk pumkin, milk, syrup, brown sugar, egg whites, whole egg, spices, vanilla and salt until smooth.
- 15Pour into crust.
- 16Carefully return pie to oven.
- 17Bake at 350 on lowest rack until center is firm--not jiggly--about 45-50 minutes.
- 18Move to wire rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinderella Pumpkin Pie
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.0
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 22.1 mg
- Sodium 83.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 20.7 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread