Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe in an old paperback cookbook published by General Foods in 1977. I made it a few times and it is very easy and very tasty. The kids love it! It is good with ice cream, sprinkled with cinnamon sugar to have with coffee in the morning, or dip in chocolate syrup.
- 6 slices trimmed white bread, cut into 4 " strips
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 2⁄3 cups flaked coconut
- Using 2 forks, roll bread strips in sweetened condensed milk, coating all sides.
- Then, roll in coconut Place on well-greased baking sheet and bake at 375 about 8 to 10 minutes.