- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup salad oil
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Libby's canned pumpkin
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 box powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat sugar and eggs until light and well blended. Add oil, continuing to beat.
- Combine dry ingredients and blend into egg mixture.
- Add pumpkin and mix well.
- Pour into well greased 9 inch tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 55 minutes.
- Let cake stand in pan 10 minutes.
- Turn out on rack to cool.
- Icing may be tinted very light orange and topped with curls of shaved sweet baking chocolate if desired.