Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love Cinco De Mayo and I wanted to invent a recipe for my celebration! These sloppy joes have a cheesy, spicy, kick to them. I hope you like them!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cancampbell's Fiesta nacho cheese soup, unprepared
- 1 (10 ounce) canro-tel diced tomatoes with lime and cilantro, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- In a medium skillet; melt the butter on medium heat and then saute the bell pepper, garlic, and jalapeno until soft. (about 4 minutes).
- Add the beef and cook it until no longer pink.
- In a medium bowl; mix the soup, ro-tel, coriander, cayenne, vinegar, and brown sugar.
- Drain any fat from the beef.
- Pour soup mix into beef and mix well.
- Cook for about 5 more minutes until heated through and bubbly.
- Serve on buns and garnish with lime and avocado.
This was very tasty and spicy! I left out the cayenne and was glad I did. Otherwise just made a few minor changes (olive oil not butter, yellow bell pepper not green, apple cider vinegar not white). I couldn't find ro-tel with lime and cilantro so used regular ro-tel with chiles and added a squeeze of lemon juice. I served this open-faced over some cornbread I already had made (Recipe #112844). Thanks for the recipe!