1/1 Photo of Cinco De Mayo Margarita Cupcakes
Easy and delicious non alcoholic version of a margarita and a perfect addition to your Cinco De Mayo table. This came from a Betty Crocker recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (16 1/4 ounce) box betty crocker supermoist white cake mix
- 3/4 cup nonalcoholic margarita mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 5 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip
- 2 (6 ounce) containers key lime yogurt
- 3 -4 drops green food coloring
- 1Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- 2In small bowl, mix 1 1/2 cups pretzel, 2 T sugar and 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine until blended. Spoon about 1 tablespoon mixture in each cup.
- 33In large bowl, beat cake mix, margarita mix, water, oil, egg whites and 3 tsp zest with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter evenly among cups (two-thirds full).
- 4Bake 18 to 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- 5In medium bowl, fold whipped topping, yogurt and 2 tsp lime zest until blended; add food coloring if desired and frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup coarsely crushed pretzels. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinco De Mayo Margarita Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.3
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 11.5 mg
- Sodium 435.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: