Recipe by LadyKatarina
Easy and delicious non alcoholic version of a margarita and a perfect addition to your Cinco De Mayo table. This came from a Betty Crocker recipe.
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (16 1/4 ounce) boxbetty crocker supermoist white cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup nonalcoholic margarita mix
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 5 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 4 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 cups Cool Whip
- 2 (6 ounce) containerskey lime yogurt
- 3 -4 drops green food coloring
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- In small bowl, mix 1 1/2 cups pretzel, 2 T sugar and 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine until blended. Spoon about 1 tablespoon mixture in each cup.
- 3In large bowl, beat cake mix, margarita mix, water, oil, egg whites and 3 tsp zest with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Divide batter evenly among cups (two-thirds full).
- Bake 18 to 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- In medium bowl, fold whipped topping, yogurt and 2 tsp lime zest until blended; add food coloring if desired and frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup coarsely crushed pretzels. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.