Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
It's Cinco de Mayo, and I'm CRAVING guacamole... I totally threw this together on a whim, and I think it was one of the BEST I've ever made. Please note that I used my Penzey's Smokey Flavored Salt for the salt listed in the recipe. Plain old salt is ok too!
- 3 avocados, ripe
- 4 scallions, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 16 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 lime, juice of
- Slice avacados in half, remove the pit, and scoop out the flesh with a spoon.
- Add lime juice and mash.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine, chunks are more than acceptable!
- Check for seasoning, and add more salt of needed.
- Cover bowl with saran wrap, pressed down to the very top of the guacamole to prevent from browning. Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve over tacos or burritos, or with tortilla chips!
Very yummy! I am right there with Mindelicious and love that you used scallions to give it a milder flavor (vs. the typical raw red onion). My avocado was overly ripe but it worked just fine for this recipe. I did end up throwing in some cilantro, but only because I have some to use up in the fridge. I am eating the guac now with a cheese quesadilla and it is a perfect marriage. . .and I am eating it for BREAKFAST!!! Yum!
Loved this! I really liked that you used scallions instead of onions (not a huge onion fan) and that you left it chunky! YUMMY!! I skimped on the salt & jalapeno cause I'm a wuss. I had this for dinner on a bed of spinach - oh yeah! Thanks for this keeper!! Recipenap'd for Veggie Swap 23!!
Made this using 2 avocados instead of 3 adding cilantro. I didn`t have lime so used lemon which I wish I had. Lime I do favor! My avocados weren`t the freshest but this was yummy! THANKS!