Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Green chilies and taco seasoning add the piquant flavor but it is the lemon-lime carbonated beverage that adds the sweetness to these chicken wings. A Pillsbury Bake-Off® finalist recipe.
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 1133.98 g chicken wings, cut apart at joints, wing tips discarded
- 2 medium green onions, thinly sliced including tops (about 2 tablespoons)
- 4.92 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (680.38 g) can carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- 127.57 g canold el paso chopped green chilies, drained
- 35.43 g packageold el paso taco seasoning mix
- 10 lettuce leaves, if desired
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken wings and onions; sprinkle with pepper flakes. Cook uncovered 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned; drain.
- Stir in carbonated beverage, green chiles and taco seasoning mix. Increase heat to high; cook uncovered 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium-high; cook 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken wings are completely glazed, small amount of glaze remains in skillet and juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (180°F).
- To serve, line serving plate with lettuce; arrange chicken wings over lettuce. Serve immediately.