Recipe by Trinkets
This is the ultimate hot weather salad. When you can get fresh corn use that! When the kids are not here to eat it we add the jalapenos.
Top Review by ltoth
Excellent, super easy and very healthy too. I did modify a little bit; I cut the corn portion in half to just 1 - 16 oz. bag. I added chopped jalapeno's, black olives & chopped orange bell peppers. Brought into work for a Cinco De Mayo pot luck, was a bit hit!
- 2 (16 ounce) bags frozen sweet corn (thawed)
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped (Creole) or 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper (use Kosher or Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper for better flavor)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients and toss to blend.
- (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature, tossing occasionally).
- Can also add chopped jicama, chopped green onions, chopped jalapeno, chopped red peppers, garlic… the possibilities are endless! Cha Cha Cha!