This is the ultimate hot weather salad. When you can get fresh corn use that! When the kids are not here to eat it we add the jalapenos.
- 2 (16 ounce) bags frozen sweet corn (thawed)
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped (Creole) or 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper (use Kosher or Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper for better flavor)
- Mix all ingredients and toss to blend.
- (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature, tossing occasionally).
- Can also add chopped jicama, chopped green onions, chopped jalapeno, chopped red peppers, garlic… the possibilities are endless! Cha Cha Cha!
Excellent, super easy and very healthy too. I did modify a little bit; I cut the corn portion in half to just 1 - 16 oz. bag. I added chopped jalapeno's, black olives & chopped orange bell peppers. Brought into work for a Cinco De Mayo pot luck, was a bit hit!
I used leftover corn on the cob to make this. The cilantro and lime juice added a light, fresh flavor. It mkes a pretty and colorful presentation as well. I like the idea of adding jalapenos as written int the intro. I didn't have any, but I will be sure to add some next time. Thanx!
This was great! I didn't have cilantro, but it still came out great.