This is the ultimate hot weather salad. When you can get fresh corn use that! When the kids are not here to eat it we add the jalapenos.
- 2 (16 ounce) bags frozen sweet corn (thawed)
- 2 large fresh tomatoes, roughly chopped (Creole) or 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper (use Kosher or Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper for better flavor)
- Mix all ingredients and toss to blend.
- (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature, tossing occasionally).
- Can also add chopped jicama, chopped green onions, chopped jalapeno, chopped red peppers, garlic… the possibilities are endless! Cha Cha Cha!