Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
This is a very tasty soup and it's simple to make. You can either used canned chicken, rotisserie chicken or if you roasted a large hen the night before and have leftovers you don't know what to do with I suggest you give this soup a try.
Top Review by Starrynews
Very nice soup! The tomato sauce and tomatoes in their juices give the broth base a very rich tomato flavor. I used some leftover chicken, which made it very quick and easy to prepare. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) candiced tomatoes with onion and garlic, undrained
- 3 (5 ounce) cans white chicken meat, drained
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- crushed tortilla chips
- shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded monterey jack cheese
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, sate onion in oil.
- Add the canned chilies, garlic jalapeño and cumin.
- Stir in the broth, tomato sauce and canned tomatoes with garlic and onion.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; stir in chicken, and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add cilantro, lime juice salt and pepper.
- Once served top with chips, cheese and sour cream if desired.