1/2 Photos of Cinco De Mayo Chicken Tortilla Soup
Chef Buggsy Mate's Note:
This is a very tasty soup and it's simple to make. You can either used canned chicken, rotisserie chicken or if you roasted a large hen the night before and have leftovers you don't know what to do with I suggest you give this soup a try.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with onion and garlic, undrained
- 3 (5 ounce) cans white chicken meat, drained
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1In a large saucepan, sate onion in oil.
- 2Add the canned chilies, garlic jalapeño and cumin.
- 3Stir in the broth, tomato sauce and canned tomatoes with garlic and onion.
- 4Bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat; stir in chicken, and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- 6Add cilantro, lime juice salt and pepper.
- 7Once served top with chips, cheese and sour cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinco De Mayo Chicken Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.5
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 898.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 19.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomatoes with onion and garlic