Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Adapted from a recipe in Electric Bread. Add more jalapenos for extra spice. Excellent with chili. I love the taste of the jalapenos and cilantro.
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups white bread flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup creamed corn
- 1⁄4 cup green chili, diced and drained if canned
- 1⁄2 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, diced and drained if canned
- 2 teaspoons dried cilantro
- 2 teaspoons fast rise yeast or 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Add ingredients in the order given to your bread machine.
- Set for regular or rapid bake cycle.
I decided to make this even though I don't have a bread machine. I made it in the "normal steps" and was surprised that it was more a batter than a bread - maybe all bread machine bread is like that. Anyway, it rose fine. I decided to punch it down once and let it rise again.
But that time after it rose, it fell putting it into the oven. And it baked with a dent in the top.
It was still very tasty and people liked it.
I'll try again sometime without punching the dough down.
And it that doesn't work, I'll add more flour to make it doughier.
I brought this to Guadalupe House on Tres de Mayo!