Recipe by my3girlz
I got this recipe out of my local paper. Break out the quesadilla maker and enjoy!
Top Review by SusieQusie
A unique-for-me way to eat my favorite fruit - mango. My ancho didn't puree very well so after heating it with the tomato sauce, I put it back in the blender to smooth it out. Not being a bell pepper lover, I stayed with the ancho theme and used a minced poblano pepper. For the salsa, I used recipe #209936 to go for mango overload. ;-) Thanks for sharing this easy and tasty recipe!
- 2 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 dried ancho chiles or 1 dried pasilla pepper, stemmed and seeded
- 4 burrito-size flour tortillas (10 inch)
- 6 ounces thinly sliced monterey jack cheese
- 1 ripe mango, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- mango salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook Chicken on lightly oiled grill over medium heat for about 5 minutes on each side or until lightly charred and cooked through.
- Let chicken cool slightly and cut into strips.
- Puree the tomato sauce and dried pepper in food processor or blender.
- Transfer to small saucepan and simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add grilled chicken to the pan and toss well to coat.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Place flour tortillas on a flat surface.
- Top half of each tortilla with equal amounts of cheese, mango, bell pepper, green onion and chicken.
- Fold over tortilla.
- Cook in large skillet on both sides until cheese is melted and tortilla is crisp.
- Serve with mango salsa.
- Note: Can also cook in quesadilla maker.