Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have always loved Skyline Chili. I'm not from Cincinnati, but have been there. This is a combination of recipes I used to make one that has worked for me. I made it for the big superbowl party my family has every year. They loved it! I've never made it from scratch before because I didn't know what all was in the sauce. I had always used sauce packets from the grocery store. When the store was out, I had to come up with another solution. I love to cook and experiment. So...this is what I came up with. Enjoy!
- 4 lbs uncooked ground beef
- 3 quarts water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 medium onions (finely diced)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag oyster crackers
- 2 (8 ounce) bags sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans chili beans
- 1 (32 ounce) box spaghetti
- Combine water & all spices into a 6 quart or larger stock pot or dutch oven.
- Add ground beef, breaking it up a little at a time.
- Let it come to a rolling boil. Boil for 15 min intervals. Stirring occassionally.(approx. 1 hour or until desired consistency). It will cook down quite a bit. Sauce will get thicker as it cools.
- Cook spaghetti noodles per package directions.
- When sauce is done, put spaghetti noodles in a bowl. Add desired amount of sauce, beans, cheese, onions and oyster crackers on top of noodles.