Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make and share this Cincinnati Chili Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground chuck, beef (80% lean)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion, plus more for serving if desired
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- In a large bowl, mix the beef, green onions, chili powder, cinnamon, and a pinch each of salt and pepper until well combined. Form the mixture into 4 patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the patties and cook, turning once, until well-browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Place each patty on the bottom of a hamburger bun and top with cheese.
- In a small bowl, mix the tomato and ketchup. Spoon a dollop on each burger and garnish with green onions if desired.