Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I grew up in Cincy and miss the food mostly Skyline Chili. Sorry Gold Star people. I've worked this recipe up and although its not exact, it's pretty darn close.
- I start by rounding up all the spices and measure them out into a small bowl and set aside.
- Put 1/4 lb of ground beef in blender with a 1/2 cup water. Blend until it looks like a meat smoothie.(not very appetizing but it gets the consistency of the meat right). Add to large saucepan. Repeat using all ground beef and water.
- Turn burner to low.
- Add tomato sauce, spices and chocolate.
- Simmer for 4 hours.
- Stir using slotted spoon occasionally. (it will remove a lot of fat).
- Serve over spaghetti with grated cheddar cheese and diced onions.