Recipe by Pugmom49006
A different kind of chili, not too hot. Serves wonderfully over pasta. Once I made this, my family didn't want any other kind. Got this recipe from a web site after we had the chili in Cincinatti
- 1 quart water
- 2 lbs lean hamburger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 large chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 large whole bay leaves
- 1 small chocolate bar
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble raw hamburger into the water. Add all ingredients. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 3 hours. Remove garlic toe and bay leaves.
- Cincinatti favorites:.
- 2 way: Spaghetti topped with chili.
- 3 way: Spaghetti topped with chili and cheese.
- 4 way: Spaghetti topped with chili, grated cheese, and chopped onions.
- 5 way: Same as 4 way, but kidney beans added to chili.