Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Cincinnati chili fans have it three-way, with shredded cheese; four-way, with chopped onion; or five-way, with kidney beans. I love this chili recipe. Its not like anything I've ever had before. We also serve this on hot dogs for lunch.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon semisweet chocolate piece
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tsps ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 8 ounces spaghetti, broken into 4 inch lengths
- 15 1⁄2 ounces kidney beans
- 8 ounces shredded American cheese
- Cook beef, 1 cup of the onion and the garlic in a large saucepan till beef is brown and onion is tender.
- Drain fat.
- Stir in tomato sauce, beef broth, chili powder, chocolate pieces, vinegar, honey, pumpkin pie spice, cumin, cardamom, and cloves; bring to boiling.
- Reduce heat, cover nad simmer over low heat 1 hour.
- Skim off fat.
- Cook pasta according to pkg. directions; drain.
- Keep warm.
- Heat beans in a saucepan; drain and keep warm.
- To serve, divide pasta among six plates.
- Make an indentation in the center of each.
- Top with meat sauce, beans, remaining chopped onions and shredded cheese.