Recipe by Stacky5
This is a wonderful chili that is a personal favorite of mine! I usually get this from "Skyline Chili" in KY, or from "GoldStar Chili" in OH...This is excellent used for chili dogs (with a mound of shredded cheddar cheese on top) or as a 3-Way (which is poured OVER a mound of spaghetti and then topped with a mound of shredded cheddar cheese.) Either way, YUM!!! One of my very favorites, and my kids love it too...HINT: The cinnamon makes all the difference!
Top Review by littleturtle
We'd never had chili with spaghetti before. I made this as directed except I added a little extra garlic. Pretty good. DH didn't think cheese went with sweet chili. Next time I may try it with cocoa powder, allspice, and a little more chili powder as another reviewer suggested.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 dash ground cloves
- 4 cups tomato juice (I use Campbell's)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 16 ounces hot cooked, drained and slightly buttered spaghetti
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the beef, onions and garlic in a large (6 qt.) stockpot over medium-high heat, until the beef is well-browned, stirring frequently to break up the meat. Drain any fat.
- Add the chili powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato juice and heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in beans. Cover and cook for 15 minutes on low, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over spaghetti and top with shredded cheddar cheese.