Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Nice, comforting dinner with cornbread and maybe a salad.
- 1⁄2 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 cup frozen diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup frozen diced green bell pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, do not drain
- 15 ounces kidney beans, do not drain
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- shredded cheddar cheese, if desired
- chopped onion, if desired
- Spray large saucepan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add ground beef, 1 cup onions, and bell peppers. Cook until beef is browned.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans, sauce and chili powder; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, 10-15 minutes.
- Serve meat over cooked spaghetti. Garnish with cheese and onions if desired.