Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is kinda from a man that taught me just about all I know about cooking. He could take anything and make it taste out of this world. He never measured anything and never wrote his recipes down. The BBQ seasoning is not his, but as close to his as I have ever found. These taste so good in the morning with eggs and bacon, or with your favorite steak, I really enjoy them with breakfast in the morning when we have been camping. When you smell them cooking, you can't wait til they are done. They are a meal in themselves. Note: It is best to use potatoes that were baked the night before and refrigerated.
- 3 -4 tablespoons oil
- 3 baked potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1⁄3 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon head country barbecue seasoning
- Heat oil over med-high in skillet. (Best in cast iron).
- Add onions and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add potato chunks, salt and pepper to taste. Allow time to brown on bottom, usually 4 minute and turn.
- Sprinkle with BBQ seasoning, stirring potatoes occasionally.
- Continue to cook until onions have caramelized and potatoes are brown and crisp.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Note: I have added green and red peppers, and the result was fabulous.