Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is best made the day before using and refrigerated so flavors can meld. Serve with Southwestern Corn and Avocado Salad or over a bed of greens and avocado slices.
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup canola oil (or peanut oil-do not use olive oil)
- Place all ingredients except oil in a food processor or blender. Process until combined.
- With the machine running, slowly pour oil through opening in lid or feeder tube and process until emulsified.
- Taste for seasoning (and more cilantro or cayenne if needed).
- Pour into a glass jar with lid and refrigerate for at least 1 hour but preferably overnight.
Reviewed for Aus/NZ Forum Recipe Swap- 1 really enjoyed this dressing- made the night before and the flavours blended well together. Great dressing to use my garden grown Italian parsley and coriander. This really gave a great tang to a mixed leaves and avocado salad. Photo also to be posted