This is a moist and flavorful turkey burger loaded with nutrition!
Make and share this Cilantro Turkey Burgers With Pepper Jack Cheese and Avocado recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 12 canned jalapeno slices (optional)
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns
- In a large bowl mix together turkey, cilantro, garlic, Worcestershire, paprika, cumin, granulated garlic, onion powder, salt, and pepper, until combined. Form into 4 patties.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet to medium-high heat; coat with the oil. Add burgers and cook for about 4 minutes on each side, or until cooked to 170 degrees and no longer pink in the center. Place cheese slices on top of burgers and cover or tent with aluminum foil to melt cheese.
- Place burgers on buns and top with avocado slices (1/4 of the avocado per person), jalapenos (if using), and tomatoes.