1/2 Photos of Cilantro Tequila Marinated Flank Steak With Chipotle Mayo
1 hr 5 mins
Kitty Kat Cook's Note:
Serve on tortillas with the guacamole and the chipotle mayonnaise. From foodnetwork.com, Emeril Lagasse. Marinating time included in prep time. This is the best steak for burritos ever!! It's the fancy 5 star burrito. And even the chipotle mayo alone is great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about the juice of 4 limes)
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1 (1 1/2-2 lb) flank steaks
- 1 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 8 flour tortillas
- 4 Hass avocadoes, peeled and mashed
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt, to taste
For chipotle mayonnaise
- 1In a medium bowl, combine the cilantro, garlic, shallot, serrano pepper, cumin, lime juice, 1/4 cup of the olive oil and tequila. Whisk to combine and place in a 1-gallon re-sealable food storage bag with the flank steak. Allow to marinate at room temperature for 45 minutes.
- 2Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat and brush the grates with an oil soaked rag. Remove the steak from the marinade and scrape off any excess marinade. Season the steak on both sides with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the kosher salt and the black pepper. Place on the grill and cook for 4-15 mins on each side (depending on how done you would like it). Remove from the grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes on a cutting board before slicing against the grain.
- 3Set a 12-inch saute pan over medium-high heat and add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the green, red and yellow bell peppers as well as the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of the kosher salt to the pan and saute, stirring often until the peppers are softened and well caramelized, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- 4Toast the tortillas in a hot dry pan, or directly over an open flame until lightly toasted and warmed through. Serve the tortillas with the steak, peppers, Guacamole and Chipotle Mayonnaise.
- 5For the guacamole:.
- 6Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir until thoroughly combined. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and set aside, refrigerated, until needed. Should be made as close to serving time as possible.
- 7Yield: about 1 1/2 cups.
- 8For the Chipotle Mayo:.
- 9Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and refrigerate until needed.
- 10Yield: about 1 cup.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cilantro Tequila Marinated Flank Steak With Chipotle Mayo
Serving Size: 1 (431 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1233.5
- Calories from Fat 774
- Total Fat 86.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 85.0 mg
- Sodium 1680.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.4 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 47.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo