These are your basic tacos totally brought back to life with fresh veggies, lime juice, Rotel and beef consommé--so good. My brother-in-law invented them and I tweaked them just a bit. We LOVE them. He makes them with chicken, we prefer beef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (any color)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package of sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1Brown ground beef, drain and set aside.
- 2Sauté onions and bell pepper in a little olive oil until soft.
- 3Add habanero and garlic and sauté a few minutes more.
- 4Add beef back to pan along with all remaining ingredients except for the cilantro.
- 5Sauté beef mixture over med-high heat until almost all of the liquid is gone.
- 6Remove from heat and toss with cilantro.
- 7Serve with your favorite taco toppings.
- 8We prefer the uncooked tortillas from Costco that you heat and cook at home -- they are the best if you haven't had them. Otherwise you can use whatever tortilla or shell that you prefer.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cilantro Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.9
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 737.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 27.4 g