Recipe by HeidiSue
These are your basic tacos totally brought back to life with fresh veggies, lime juice, Rotel and beef consommé--so good. My brother-in-law invented them and I tweaked them just a bit. We LOVE them. He makes them with chicken, we prefer beef.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
These were quite good; the taco meat was nicely flavored and not overly spicy. For me, the mushrooms just seemed out of place in a taco recipe; I probably would have like it better without the mushrooms.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (any color)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) packageof sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef consomme
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef, drain and set aside.
- Sauté onions and bell pepper in a little olive oil until soft.
- Add habanero and garlic and sauté a few minutes more.
- Add beef back to pan along with all remaining ingredients except for the cilantro.
- Sauté beef mixture over med-high heat until almost all of the liquid is gone.
- Remove from heat and toss with cilantro.
- Serve with your favorite taco toppings.
- We prefer the uncooked tortillas from Costco that you heat and cook at home -- they are the best if you haven't had them. Otherwise you can use whatever tortilla or shell that you prefer.