Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Threw this one together on the fly the other day. We had lots of extra fresh trout to get rid of, so we ran this as a special. It's sort of a "Trout stuffed Trout", but that doesn't sound as attractive.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄2 large white onion, pureed
- 1⁄3 stalk celery, pureed
- 1⁄2 lb melted unsalted butter
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 lb cooked skinned and flaked trout
- Cook the 1 pound of trout, remove the skin and lightly flake the meat with a fork.
- Don't mush it up.
- Combine all ingrediants, mix lightly until the bread crumbs absorb all of the moisture.
- This makes your stuffing.
- Place enough of the stuffing into a the whole trout to fill it, but still allow it to be closed.
- This recipe made enough stuffing for about five 12 ounce trout.
- Bake, at about 350 convection or 400 conventional until the internal temp is 160 degrees.