Recipe by amk
Threw this one together on the fly the other day. We had lots of extra fresh trout to get rid of, so we ran this as a special. It's sort of a "Trout stuffed Trout", but that doesn't sound as attractive.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1⁄2 large white onion, pureed
- 1⁄3 stalk celery, pureed
- 1⁄2 lb melted unsalted butter
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 lb cooked skinned and flaked trout
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the 1 pound of trout, remove the skin and lightly flake the meat with a fork.
- Don't mush it up.
- Combine all ingrediants, mix lightly until the bread crumbs absorb all of the moisture.
- This makes your stuffing.
- Place enough of the stuffing into a the whole trout to fill it, but still allow it to be closed.
- This recipe made enough stuffing for about five 12 ounce trout.
- Bake, at about 350 convection or 400 conventional until the internal temp is 160 degrees.