Galley Wench's Note:
Recipe is from Colavita Olive Oil. This will come in handy in Mexico where it's impossible to find fresh basil! I can think of so many uses for the pesto . . .!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (3 Tablespoons toasted pecan halves 1 teaspoon kosher salt 2 garlic cloves 1 serrano chili, seeded an)
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Chicken and Pasta
- 1Place Cilantro and the next 6 ingredients (through chili) in a food processor; process until well blended.
- 2With processor on, slowly pour olive oil through the food chute: process until well blended.
- 3Place pesto in a large bowl, stir in vinegar and black pepper.
- 4Grill Chicken (indoor our out).
- 5Heat outdoor grill or grill pan over medium heat.
- 6Coat chicken with olive oli.
- 7Season with salt and pepper.
- 8Grill chicken (or cook in pan) until done.
- 9Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- 10Add chicken, cooked pasta, and tomatoes to pesto.
- 11Toss to combine.
- 12Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cilantro-Serrano Pesto With Grilled Chicken and Penne
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.0
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 58.5 mg
- Sodium 313.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.7 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 32.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white balsamic vinegar