Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe is from Colavita Olive Oil. This will come in handy in Mexico where it's impossible to find fresh basil! I can think of so many uses for the pesto . . .!
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 1⁄2 cup of fresh mint
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (3 Tablespoons toasted pecan halves 1 teaspoon kosher salt 2 garlic cloves 1 serrano chili, seeded an)
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Chicken and Pasta
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (I use the marinated chicken breast)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups hot cooked penne pasta (follow directions on package)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Place Cilantro and the next 6 ingredients (through chili) in a food processor; process until well blended.
- With processor on, slowly pour olive oil through the food chute: process until well blended.
- Place pesto in a large bowl, stir in vinegar and black pepper.
- Grill Chicken (indoor our out).
- Heat outdoor grill or grill pan over medium heat.
- Coat chicken with olive oli.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken (or cook in pan) until done.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Add chicken, cooked pasta, and tomatoes to pesto.
- Toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
This recipe was delicious! I didn't get a chance to marinate the chicken, but rubbed it with some garlic powder, black pepper, paprika, and chicken bouillon (no olive oil) before grilling it over Mesquite charcoal. I did add about 1.5 TBS of olive oil before tossing it all together. I also used more garlic and I might add more pecans next time. I wasn't sure if I should use only the leaves of the cilantro or if I could use the whole sprig. I opted to use only the leaves. Overall, it was great - fresh and flavorful!