Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe is from Colavita Olive Oil. This will come in handy in Mexico where it's impossible to find fresh basil! I can think of so many uses for the pesto . . .!
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mint
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (3 Tablespoons toasted pecan halves 1 teaspoon kosher salt 2 garlic cloves 1 serrano chili, seeded an)
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Chicken and Pasta
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (I use the marinated chicken breast)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups hot cooked penne pasta (follow directions on package)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Place Cilantro and the next 6 ingredients (through chili) in a food processor; process until well blended.
- With processor on, slowly pour olive oil through the food chute: process until well blended.
- Place pesto in a large bowl, stir in vinegar and black pepper.
- Grill Chicken (indoor our out).
- Heat outdoor grill or grill pan over medium heat.
- Coat chicken with olive oli.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken (or cook in pan) until done.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Add chicken, cooked pasta, and tomatoes to pesto.
- Toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
This recipe was delicious! I didn't get a chance to marinate the chicken, but rubbed it with some garlic powder, black pepper, paprika, and chicken bouillon (no olive oil) before grilling it over Mesquite charcoal. I did add about 1.5 TBS of olive oil before tossing it all together. I also used more garlic and I might add more pecans next time. I wasn't sure if I should use only the leaves of the cilantro or if I could use the whole sprig. I opted to use only the leaves. Overall, it was great - fresh and flavorful!