Recipe by Mirj
A very unique salad that tastes great!
Top Review by Samuel Holden
This I loved! just made it for lunch... unfortunatly my BF said it tasted "strange"...I guess the combo of cilantro and tofy just didn't go down too well with him... he's more into steak and chips...shame, because I really enjoy experimenting with "different" things (diffferent to him that is, I love cilantro...and tofu). Refreshing and just a little bite from the cilantro and the onion. Nice textures from the rice and the tofu and just the right zing from the vineagrette
- 10 1⁄2 ounces firm tofu
- 3 cups cooked long grain brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup peeled and minced cucumber
- 4 carrots, peeled and minced
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 1⁄2 cup minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the tofu into 1/3 inch thick slices and drain in a colander for 15 minutes.
- Crumble to tofu in small pieces and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add the rice, cilantro, cucumber and carrots, tossing evenly.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a blender and process until well mixed.
- Pour the dressing into the tofu/rice mixture and toss to coat evenly.
- Let the flavors blend for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds if desired.
- Put the lettuce leaves on 4 plates; evenly divide the rice and place on top of the lettuce.
- Sprinkle the onion over each salad and serve.