Recipe by Sharon123
This sauce is popular in South America and the Caribbean. It is usually served with meat such as barbequed chicken or steak but it also tastes great on baguette or other fresh bread. From Baltic Maid.
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 thumb-sized piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, maybe more
- chili flakes
- lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the following ingredients to a blender or food processor: cilantro leaves, garlic cloves, ginger, and olive oil. Puree the ingredients. Add more oil if necessary.
- Add salt, pepper, chili flakes, and lime juice to taste. I used about 2 tablespoons of lime juice. Mix once more.
- Serve in a small bowl.