Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the American Profile - Post Dispatch March 2007
- 2 onions, quartered
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed, stems included
- 1⁄2-1 jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon koshere salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 orange, peeled, sectioned and diced
- 6 -8 fresh figs, stems removed, cut into eighths
- Combine all ingredients except orange sections and figs, in food processor and process, pausing to scrape sides, until a smooth paste is formed.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in orage sections and figs.
- Note: If fresh figs aren't available, salsa will be good without them.
I realize that I might have changed the whole tenor of this salsa with the changes I made, but just chouldn't help myself ~ Instead of the jalapeno I used a poblano & also cut the cumin back to 1/2 teaspoon! Still, I had a very nice salsa & one that was devoured by guests, so that says something! Will definitely make this one again, probably just as I made it this first time! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]