Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a new invention of mine to use up the ingredients I happened to have on hand. It is pretty healthy and oh so tasty. If you don't like cilantro you can use basil, thyme, or any other herb of your choice.
- 4 ounces salmon
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 cup mushroom
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (6 ounce) container nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped fine
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Microwave the spinach in a microwave safe/oven safe baking dish with the lemon for two minutes.
- Drain all the liquid
- Add the mushrooms and stir--chop spinach into smaller pieces if desired.
- Add yogurt, ricotta, cilantro, egg white, garlic, cayenne pepper, and stir.
- Pour 3/4 of the mixture over the spinach and mushrooms in the oven safe pan.
- Slice salmon into very thin strips and place in layer over the spinach, mushrooms, and sauce. Then pour remaining sauce over the salmon.
- Shake salt and pepper over the top.
- Bake for 15-20 minute
- Drain any excess liquids and enjoy!
Wow was this ever good! The only changes we will make next time are as follows:
1. We will slice and saute the mushrooms in butter first. They don't cook well enough for us as it is written now.
2. We will use 1/2 cup of ricotta to make this less runny.We will DEFINITELY make this again! Thanks for posting it!!!