Recipe by sarcare
This is a new invention of mine to use up the ingredients I happened to have on hand. It is pretty healthy and oh so tasty. If you don't like cilantro you can use basil, thyme, or any other herb of your choice.
Top Review by Paris D
Wow was this ever good! The only changes we will make next time are as follows:
1. We will slice and saute the mushrooms in butter first. They don't cook well enough for us as it is written now.
2. We will use 1/2 cup of ricotta to make this less runny.We will DEFINITELY make this again! Thanks for posting it!!!
- 4 ounces salmon
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 cup mushroom
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 (6 ounce) container nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped fine
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Microwave the spinach in a microwave safe/oven safe baking dish with the lemon for two minutes.
- Drain all the liquid
- Add the mushrooms and stir--chop spinach into smaller pieces if desired.
- Add yogurt, ricotta, cilantro, egg white, garlic, cayenne pepper, and stir.
- Pour 3/4 of the mixture over the spinach and mushrooms in the oven safe pan.
- Slice salmon into very thin strips and place in layer over the spinach, mushrooms, and sauce. Then pour remaining sauce over the salmon.
- Shake salt and pepper over the top.
- Bake for 15-20 minute
- Drain any excess liquids and enjoy!