Recipe by Oolala
Adapted from Sam Choy's Island Flavors, 1999. I found this in the paper. Marinate fish for 1 hour before broiling or grilling.
- 1⁄2 cup rose wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, fresh, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup light olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 (4 ounce) salmon steaks, 1-2-inch thick, 1 . 5 lbs. total
- 2 tomatoes, vine ripened, cut into wedges
- 1 sweet onion, cut into wedges
- Italian dressing, your choice
- cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the wine, cilantro, onion, garlic. olive oil, salt and pepper and pour over the salmon in a shallow glass pan.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, turning the fish once; drain well.
- Preheat the broiler and position a rack as close as possible to the heat source or, alternately, heat a grill to medium-high.
- Broil or grill the salmon for 3-6 minutes, or until browned on the top. Turn and broil or grill the other side, 3-5 minutes more, depending on the thickness.
- Remove to a serving platter and garnish with the tomato and onion wedges, drizzled with your favorite dressing and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.