Recipe by michellebsalazar
This is a spicy Saudi salad that is more like a salsa. It can be served with fish or grilled meats.
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 2 green chili peppers (serrano or less spicy)
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash tomatoes and grill over low heat. Peel and puree them. Set aside. Wash cilantro and chili peppers, chop both and grind with mortar and pestle. Food processor could also work but the oils are released better with the mortar and pestle.
- Add this mixture to the tomatoes. Add salt and lemon juice. Mix and serve as a condiment to pour over fish or meat.
- * Note - you can also chop the grilled tomatoes and make it more of a side salad. You could also substitute flat-leaf parsley for the cilantro.