Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I created this recipe to complement a salad with romaine, roasted corn and black beans. Additional salad ingredients included cabbage, iceberg lettuce and cilantro.
- 1 1⁄2 large garlic cloves
- 3 yellow chilies, seeded (chilies with a low Scoville Unit score)
- 1 bunch green onion (6 - 7, white and green parts)
- 1 cup of loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup grape seed oil (or olive oil)
- Coarsely chop the garlic, seeded, chilies and green onions. Place in the food processor. Add the remaining ingredients except for the oil. Pulse the vegetables, spices, and vinegar in the food processor for 15 to 30 seconds.
- Add the oil, and pulse until well blended and a smooth consistency is achieved. Taste the dressing, and season for heat, sweet, and salt. Make ahead to allow flavors to marry.
- The dressing is only temporarily emulsified and will separate. Dress your salad just before serving, or enable guests to personally ladle the dressing on their own. Yield is about 1 ½ cups.