Recipe by COOKGIRl
From Bon Appetit May 1998. Very important to use the freshest cilantro you can find at the market with dark green color and no slimy leaves. Great accompaniment to fish, meats or pasta! (For a little bit more color contrast, throw in a small amount of shredded red cabbage or carrot.)
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 3⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated gingerroot
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients together in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- In a salad bowl combine mixed greens and cilantro. Add a little bit of the salad dressing and toss to coat.
- Serve the remaining vinaigrette on the side.