Recipe by Kozmic Blues
This is a wonderful, summer salad, bursting with great color and texture. I found this in Food and Wine magazine. I have also made this using "brown" basmati rice, which worked great and added a terrific, nutty flavor.
Top Review by Missy Wombat
I only realised at the last minute that the tomatoes I thought I had were actually gone so I ended up using sundried tomatoes. This worked really well. Very nice rice salad and it is easy to prepare.
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted and chopped
- salt & fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package directions, either on stove top or in rice cooker.
- Once rice is cooked, transfer to a large bowl and allow to cool, tossing with a rubber spoon until at room temperature.
- Wisk together ingredients for the dressing: oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Fold tomatoes, onion, cilantro and olives into the cooled rice.
- Add vinaigrette and toss to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- **Notefor Leftovers: Leftover rice salad can be tossed with a can or two of white tuna, drained and flaked.
- Makes a nice lunch!