1/9 Photos of Cilantro Rice
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
This yummy rice is a great way to sneak some veggies into your loved ones who would otherwise pass on them. Wonderful change from the usual red Spanish rice usually served with Tex Mex or Mexican foods. Similar to the rice served in one of my fave Mexican Restaurants in Houston, Guadalajara. I liked it so much I HAD to try to duplicate it when we moved away. This is as close as I can get. Hope you like it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups rice
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup chicken bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon vinegar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup green bell peppers or 1/2 cup poblano chile, diced
- 1/2 cup zucchini (optional) or 1/2 cup yellow squash, diced (optional)
- 1/2 cup corn kernel (optional)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- 1Sauté rice in frying pan over med high heat for 3 minutes stirring constantly.
- 2Add veggies and continue to sauté until rice begins to brown and veggies soften, stirring very often. 3-5 minutes or so.
- 3Add bouillon and vinegar (if using) to water and stir to dissolve. (The vinegar keeps the grains separated- you can use this tip ANYTIME you cook rice.).
- 4Pour water into pan with rice and veggies and allow to come to a boil.
- 5Toss in cilantro, stir and cover tightly.
- 6Lower heat to simmer and keep covered for 15 minutes exactly. DO NOT lift lid during the 15 minutes- the steam is needed to properly cook the rice.
- 7Uncover and fluff with a fork.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cilantro Rice
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.4
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 63.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 4.5 g