Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A very easy and yet, elegant, recipe. I threw it together when I wanted something different to serve with Chinese dishes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄3 cups long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, or
- 2 tablespoons unsalted margarine
- salt, to taste
- fresh coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped or
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- slivered almonds, garnish
- Combine stock and water in saucepan and bring to boil over high heat.
- Stir in rice & 1 Tablespoon butter or margarine and return to a boil.
- Immediately reduce heat to low.
- Cover pan and simmer 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in remaining butter or margarine, salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat.
- Let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
- Stir in chopped cilantro or chopped parseley, and sprinkle with almonds bfore serving.