Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious rice! This rice can be served warm or at room temperature as a well-seasoned salad. Can easily be tripled for a large crowd. Fresh basil or parsley may be substituted for cilantro. From Chef Brendan Walsh.
- 8 cups cold water
- 4 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt, plus
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3 cups chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups diced red bell peppers
- 2 cups diced yellow bell peppers
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil over high heat. Add the rice and salt and bring back to a boil. Immediately lower the heat, cover the pan, and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and let rest, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the rice to a large bowl. Stir in the cilantro, bell peppers, olive oil, vinegar, and pepper to taste. Serve immediately or cover and let stand at room temperature.