Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Received this in an email from www.whfoods.org (a good site for sound nutrition advice). I like this recipe because it is fresh, fast & adaptable to what the garden is currently offering. The site offered this as well - "If you want to enhance the flavor of chicken or fish as well as add extra vitamins K, A and C to your meal, try this pesto that can be prepared in a matter of minutes. It's also a great addition to fish tacos; top tacos with pesto and avocado for a taste treat. " Try fresh peppers from the garden - seeding them to control the heat & adding judiciously.
- 2 cups cilantro, chopped fresh
- 1 cup parsley, chopped fresh
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 -3 jalapenos (canned & fresh OK)
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- Chop garlic and let sit for 5 minutes to enhance their health-promoting properties while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Add olive oil a little at a time at end. You want the pesto to be blended yet not smooth. It is best with a little texture.
- Serve at room temperature. Do not heat it.