Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta or 1 lb other small shell pasta
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, washed,loosely packed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- Cook rigatoni to al dente.
- In blender, blend oil, cilantro, garlic and oregano until smooth.
- Toss pasta and dressing, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in pine nuts and olives.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Toss again before serving.
If you are going to have a BBQ party this is definitely the pasta salad to serve alongside! Along with the fresh cilantro I used fresh oregano, and a mix of black and green olives. Very Mediterranean, very yummy! 1/4 cup of pine nuts is not enough for our family, I threw in a handful of sesame seeds and cashews as well. Thanks Charlotte, this one's a keeper!
Awesome!!! Honestly, looking at the ingredients, I didn't think this would be a 5-Star recipe (maybe a 4, at max), but I'm SO glad I was wrong! :-) I made this without the olives which I didn't have, but didn't change anything else. After a long day in college, this was just what I needed! Charlotte, this is definitely on top of my "regular" list! Thanks so much!
I cut back on the amount of pasta (and oil) because I didn't want such a big salad, but kept the other amounts as listed, hoping for extra flavour. Still, this turned out pretty bland. It just seems to need something to liven it up.