Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is from 30 minute meals by Rachael Ray. It is unusual because it uses ginger and macadamia nuts.
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 inches fresh gingerroot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 cup cilantro leaf
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked to al dente
- 1⁄2 cup water (use pasta water)
- Place first 8 ingredients in food processor, process until smooth.
- Add pasta water to desired consistancy.
- Toss with hot pasta.
Pretty good. As soon as I dumped the pasta in the collendar, I realized that I forgot to withhold some of the water. So I quickly dumped the pasta back in the saucepan and added the pesto sauce. I didn't need to add any water since I only used half as much spaghetti as the recipe called for. Seemed to have the right consistancy. I sprinkled Parmesan cheese on the top. I did feel that the lime juice was a little strong. Next time I'll only use half a lime.